Bord ná n-Óg Information Nights this weekend!
Davitts GAA Bord ná n-Óg will be holding two Information Nights for the parents of our underage members. Any parents of young players (or indeed people who would have an interest in underage football) are cordially invited to attend.
The Information Nights are strictly informal, and will give people the opportunity to ask the Bord ná n-Óg Officers any questions they may have or indeed express any views that they think that we as a Club should be addressing in our underage structures.
There will be two meetings held this coming weekend. The times and venues are as follows:
Irishtown: Friday 13th of January at 8:30pm in the Community Centre
Ballindine: Saturday 14th of January at 8:30pm in the Community Centre
Some of the topics that the officers will be talking about will include:
• Health and Safety of players: Information on the forthcoming introduction of a countrywide policy on the wearing of gum shields which is being rolled out by GAA Headquarters
• The transportation of our players to and from games
• Give Respect/ Get Respect GAA initiative for U8’s, U10’s and U12’s
• Membership and registration
• Child protection
• New ideas for fundraising
• We will be happy to get feedback on ways to improve and develop our underage structures within the Club
Remember, the players on our current Senior Team that represented the Club so well in 2011 were U-12’s, U-14’s, U-16’s & U-18’s once upon a time. The development of talent that brings glory to a Club beings with the Bord ná n-Óg!
Again, these Information Nights are informal, there will be no election of Team Management teams etc. so why not come along for a chat? They don’t bite, honest…!